Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Run Like The Wind

I had an enlightening run last night. I left Trevor at home, put on my reflective Gear, grabbed a flashlight and ran a new and longer route ~ 4.5 miles . It was like the old days I was running with "cartographer" a new Podrunner podcast and I was at 150 bpm( heart-rate) the entire time.


The air was perfect about 74 degrees, almost a cool breeze blowing. Oh the time was 42 minutes,

(950 calories)!!



It was like the "old" days when I was 30 something fleet footed and fast!



This was the run I needed



I was so sore that I woke up at about 1am , everything was throbbing , and had to get a bottle of water from the frig and some Advil ye haha, Mikey is back!! It was a good soreness by the way!



I was thinking about all the old George Sheehan quotes as he inspired me immeasurably back then( & now!)



Here is one of my favorites:

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."



This is very appropriate as I was dead tired and wanted to stop! But I did not quit!



Coach X Mike



http://xmikew.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment